Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Source Code Update

Today I worked on the code that is already checked in at CodePlex (http://candescentnui.codeplex.com
  1. Refactoring: I changed some Classes to Structs and added some Equals and GetHashCode implementations. And I'm trying to apply my learnings from "Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship" while I'm reading this book.
  2. Better cluster separation (3 dimensional): If the hands are far enough from each other on the z axis the points are correctly assigned even if the x and y distance is close to 0
3D Cluster Separation

3 comments:

  1. Very nice Project. Could you please upload also a alfa/beta version of the project with working finger detection? That would be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous

    Sorry for not answering earlier, I've been away for a few days.

    I'm working on it. I need to solve some performance issues with the center of the palm algorithm and I want to brush up the code a bit before I release it.

    Regards,
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your feedback. That would be really awsome. I would like to use your project first for normal touch input on a normal table but also for gestures above the table. I don't have a specific project yet in mind, but it's more testing.

    ReplyDelete